Financial Crime Tax Compliance Bootcamp
Efficient Frontiers International and FINTRAIL are bringing you the ultimate “Financial Crime Tax Compliance Bootcamp: Everything you never wanted to know about tax evasion but should”. We know that tax evasion might not be at the forefront of your mind, but our 2-day Bootcamp promises to share some useful insights into why it should be. Following the addition of new ‘tax triggers’ under the 5th Anti-Money Laundering Directive, these two days are filled with a series of interesting and thought provoking sessions:
Day 1: 23rd September, 15:00 – 17:00 BST – Detection of Tax Evasion
- Session 1 – Tax Evasion: Who wins, who loses and why we should care?
- Session 2 – What is tax evasion and why is it a predicate offence under AML Regulations?
- Session 3 – Tricks, tactics and tell-tale signs: Tax evasion red flags – Part 1
- Session 4 – Tricks, tactics and tell-tale signs: Tax evasion red flags – Part 2
- Session 5 – How Tax KYC and AML KYC go hand in hand
Day 2: 30th September, 15:00 – 17:00 BST – Prevention and Alignment to AML/CFT Compliance Programmes
- Session 1 – New KYC Review Requirements – Tax meets AML at the crossroads
- Session 2 – Follow the breadcrumb trail… investigation of a tax crime case
- Session 3 – When the tax investigators come knocking… responding to requests for information and investigations
- Session 4 – The final session brings together all the key learnings over the two days, including the tools and controls that can help prevent tax crime.
See the full agenda and register here.