European Compliance Center presents: The Compliance Cafe!
What is about? Monthly online meetings with outstanding compliance professionals.
The aim: to encourage interaction between compliance professionals from different countries and discuss current risk & compliance topics.
Format: 40-minute webinar + Q&A session.
The First Compliance Cafe will feature the peculiarities of transnational fight against illicit money flows – regulations, institutions and effectiveness.
Our discussion will elaborate on the following questions:
1. Which are the most important standard settlers/ the strongest enforcers internationally?
2. Are there really best-practice jurisdictions? US? Switzerland? UK? Some of the EU Member States? Asian countries?
3. Are international AML standards effective? Why despite all regulatory initiative, is the volume of money laundering not decreasing?
4. Responsibility of financial institutions to gatekeep the financial system – are they too burdensome?
5. Proportionality: how do we achieve a balance between commercial and compliance pressures? What about de-risking?
About the speaker
Our speaker will be Anastasia Savvateeva – a Financial Crime Enigmatologist and AML, Sanctions and Audit Puzzle Solver. Finalist for Compliance Week’s “Excellence in Compliance” Awards 2021, category “Rising Star in Compliance”, Anastasia is currently a Deputy Head of Financial Crime Compliance at a global financial institution that provides investment management services.
Passionate about the fight against financial crime, Anastasia actively participates in various initiatives, and does not miss any chance to take up new challenges, such as joint projects with Transparency International France, her engagement as a Subject Matter Expert with Ecofel (The Egmont Group) or her involvement in the mentorship of young students who only just started their professional life in compliance.
Save the date: the First Compliance Cafe will be held online for free of charge on Wednesday, 26th January 2022 at 18.00 CET. The Risk & Compliance Platform Europe is also a media partner.
Click here to register.